Friday, July 19, 2013

GO SEE PAC RIM!


Dude Neill, I saw Pacific Rim, and I fucking loved it. I swear this blog goes back to you soon; especially with Elysium coming out. But fuck, I gotsta' help out my boy Guillermo. Maybe I should start a GDT blog. My Bestest Friend Guillermo? Maybe Guillermo and Dougy Forever? Guillermo and Doug's Magical Mexican Tour? I don't know, we'll figure it out.

Domestically the flick didn't do as well as I hoped it would, but it still did well. Grown Ups 2. Really? Gawdammit America. Internationally, it's doing much better. Plus, the reviews are all fairly good too! It's currently clocking in at 71% on Rotten Tomatoes. It's exciting for me to work on something that people are having fun seeing. I think most the people I know would totally dig it.

More than that, you can see it as a family. I think ten and above would be fine with it, but to be safe, maybe twelve and above. It features a strong female lead that isn't just eye candy, and doesn't need to fall in love with the boy to define her character. I actually really like all the characters, and I love the message of unity, and coming together.

It's a great film for that age set. For kids, and adults that aren't afraid to be kids. It feels like it's made for that group, the adventure film goers. Instead of taking a comic book character and turning them into something strictly for adults, while still selling toys to young kids; it feels like a film that caters to child like wonderment. Plus, it's filled with hope.

Here are two pieces I did for the film. They're both in the artbook. One is all me, and the ones with the bones is based on a Oscar Chichoni sketch.

Anyway, go and see it. It's not going to be the same on your TV. Honestly. Well...maybe your TV, which I'm guessing is fucking huge.

Watch it with your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment