Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Lovecraftian Dinner

Dude, Neill. Halloween time is the best time to hunt Manufagen's. Good grief they're delicious. My daughter caught the one above.

A lot of people like to fry them, but I think you miss out on the earthy flavor these guys produce when you do that. I like to cover them in olive oil, bake them at 350 for an hour, and then lightly season them. So good. As a side dish, mashed potatoes and peas, mother fucker!

Wonderfulness. The season's almost over, I know that they have some good hunting grounds up in BC, I suggest you take a break from Elysium and get yourself some.

Happy Hunting!

HP Douglas Williams

2 comments:

  1. Try turning the Manufagen down to 210 and bake for 2 hours, keeps it med. rare the whole way through. Also my mom always cuts of the tentacles to make gravy with. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I had never even thought of making gravy with the tentacles. Does it follow a traditional gravy recipe, or is a family secret recipe? I'm definitely giving this a try!

    Although, we're getting close to shoggoth season!

    ReplyDelete