Monday, October 4, 2010

Wild 'effing times, man.

Hey Neill! Check out EGM number 241.0 for my pic and some art by me! Oh, also some stuff about the game we're making. We're the First Look At Undead Labs Zombie MMo on the cover! Pretty cool shit dude.

I know you already no this, but Guillermo del Toro is the fucking man. Seriously. I thought the talk would be fun, but shit dude, not inspiring. He really has a passion that motivates people around him. My buddies who came down with me walked away impressed (We're all jaded game fuckers. Dude, that shit is not easily impressed). Even my little brother, how can critique a free blowjob, walked away inspired.

Did I give him my art book? Yes, yes I did.

Dude, Neill, it was crazy. So like, Guillermo had just plunged his hand into the chest of the person asking questions right in front of me. With a sharp, and quick twist he removed the questioners still beating heart. The guy slumped down face first on the ground. Two men, clad in black arrived from either side of GDT's throne and dragged the sloppy carcass away. Then it was my turn.

Well, you know me, I'm fucking all confident and shit. Nothing makes me nervous. So there I am, at the mic, and I can feel my heart in my throat. I was sort of freaking out, in a major way. I used my shaolin breathing techniques I learned while hunting ninja and calmed my physical body down, but inside I was scared. I looked Guillermo in the eyes. His stared back into mine....steely, cold, ancient. I continued to stare, daring not to provoke him, relaxing even my jaw; knowing anything could set him off. Small crows feet appeared at the edges of his eyes, and he began to smirk. I knew I was dead, he could sense it. Deep down he could feel my inner soul quivering.

Finally I said, "You already have my heart, but I'd also like to offer you this book of art." Guillermo smiled and belted out, "Good answer! Good fucking answer, HA!" I walked up and handed him my book, and the rest is history.

Well....that's not exactly how it happened...I might have stumbled my words up.....a bit.....and been a little.....nervous.....or...you know....something like the below.....sigh.

Fuck...I really need to get in shape, and do I really walk like that?

Special thanks to Dan the man, who drove us all over Portland and captured all my insecurities and posted them on Youtube for me.

Douglas Del Toro the 3rd

2 comments:

  1. Wow that's fantastic, doug! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read a review of the event on io9 and they mentioned this specifically!

    ReplyDelete