Monday, March 12, 2012

Dead Fairy

Neill, have you ever been racing down the highway at 60 mph, er...sorry, kph, and nailed a beautiful dragon fly? A butterfly? One big enough to make that 'thump' sound? Then did you feel sad, because you killed a beautiful piece of nature while racing to get your Tim Horton on? Now imaging if that was a fairy.

So sad.

I've always loved the whole green men stories and mythos. I love that Guillermo del Toro brought that shit back and made it cool again. Don't get me wrong, my girls love that Tinkerbell shit, and those straight to video movies are surprisingly well told and stunningly gorgeous; but I love GDT's take on tooth fairies in Don't Be Afraid of the Dark.

So this was a quicky of a dead fairy. Next to a cigarette butt. Making it even sadder.

You know..if there were dead fairies all over, I bet Charlotte Burkhart would make some fantastic jewelry out of them. So maybe that wouldn't be so bad.

Doug

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, love the simplicity of the composition, reads very well. Props on the skeletal structure too with the streamlined scythe-like limbs.

    I found your blog by searching for fairy designs.

    ReplyDelete