Wednesday, July 21, 2010

THUNDERSTRUCK!

Sup Neill? Looks like my internet intervention worked. Despite the hard evidence of internet journalists, it looks as though you are not making The Hobbit or District 10...yet. Tetra Vaal has posted the intervention thread below that you are working on a film called Elysium. Now why the fuck a combat robot would even care what your working on is beyond me, but by his lug nuts, it seems to be true. Actually, why a com-bot would be using a AOL account is also fishy.

So Elysium...did you know the very first game I ever worked on back in 1997 was called Elysium. Except my Elysium never came out, and yours will. The game was basically Inception meets Stargate meets Dreamscape meets the X-Files, and took place in a world that existed somewhere between full on dreams and reality. It was the 90's so shit like that worked. I need to dig out some of the old concepts, I couldn't find any online. Why the fuck am I talking about an old dead game? Jesus, my mind wanders like Gandhi on a salt march...but without direction....or purpose.

So fuck, what do we know about your Elysium? Well your Wikipedia page says ""many sociopolitical ideas, wrapped up inside something that is like a Hollywood action film"". See, I like this. Maybe it could be about how like this guy buys his first house, and gets it appraised for refinancing and it comes back for nearly a hundred grand more than what he paid for it (it's a small starter home), he gets it refinanced; but then the market collapses and it's worth a thousand fucking dollars more than what he originally goddamned paid for it! That, and throw in a robot or something.

No? I think that would make a great film. Any way Slashfilm says this:

"Which also seems to be the same film he discussed at Comic Con last year when premiering District 9,

I’ve got one science fiction idea that I’m absolutely in love with, which I’m pretty sure is going to be my next film. 99% sure…It’s totally original, it’s my own story…It’s set on another planet, but it’s cool. It’s violent, very violent, and very unique hopefully. We’ll see.

He’s also said of the film,

it is science fiction and it has many sociopolitical ideas that interest me. Those ideas are wrapped up inside something that is like a Hollywood action film…The setting for the next film takes place 150 years from now. There are two cities that I’m choosing between. They would play as themselves. They are not in South Africa.

That last comment seems to contradict the ’set on another planet’ aspect, but no big deal. It’s his story — things can change.

More important is the Media Rights Capital part of the equation, which can’t really be over-emphasized.

When that deal was announced, we heard that not only would MRC finance the film, the company will give Blomkamp creative freedom and an ownership stake in the film. That’s a big deal."

A-fawking-men.

Violent? Very violent? I saw D9 man...how much more violent could you get? Like...the finger nail explode as their pulled out with teeth? Good grief, I'm gonna' need to bring a vomit bag.

Seriously, I can't wait dude, I can already tell this film is going to fucking rock.

Oh,the art...alien prequel, lunchtime shit, blah, blah, blah.

Doug

PS--The header comes from this (and AC/DC): Elysium is an obscure name that evolved from a designation of a place or person struck by lightning, enelysion, enelysios.

No comments:

Post a Comment