Thursday, July 1, 2010

Night of the Living Coral


Ch-ch-ch-ch-chaaaaa. That's some spooky shit Neill. Like in Friday the 13th. Ch-ch-ch-ch-chaaaaa. Any way, here's an old idea that I've never fully abandoned. It's basically pushing the zombie genre back to it's roots. Maybe shoving it a little bit into the sci-fi genre. Like in the old EC comics days. Alien microbes from space that cause mankind to go awry.

I feel like the zombie genre I have loved since first seeing Dawn of the Dead at Curtis Pitt's birthday party in middle school, is getting played out. It needs something fresh, and more than just speeding them up. I like the idea of having zombies being infected with some sort of colony creature from space. Like space coral. I think it would be best if not explained, but there could be hints. The space coral zombies would slowly calcify and be unable to move, but then they would have long tendril like feelers to grab prey with.

Originally I had these zombie colonies attacking a small cabin in the woods. they had these long tubes that made creepy noises. Here's an old image.

I planned on making a low budget movie with these things, but then our company shut down and I had a baby. Well, my wife did. Despite what some of my high school friends said, I do not have a vagina. At any rate, shit got nuts. In a good way (well the baby part), but still, effing nuts.

SO anyway, still like the idea, but now am thinking it should move to space. Like on a derelict ship. Involve a company and salvage rights and shit. I think I'll actually move forward on this a bit. I don't have much time right now, but I can squeeze in an image or two. Write up a few pages here and there.

Fuck yeah! I'm doing it. Don't worry, I wont take your crown. In fact, I'll probably forget all about this by next week.

What?

Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment